Following acceptance of your referral we will complete a Needs Assessment, then coordinate any identified services.
Our team will help you identify your disability support requirements by completing a needs assessment. The goal of the needs assessment is to determine how to maximise your independence so that you can participate as fully as possible in society.
You can choose where this assessment takes place (for example, at home or at hospital), and you are welcome to have a support person present. A Service Facilitator will meet you, and consider your abilities, resources and goals. We will work with you to prioritise your needs so we understand what is most important to you.
Your support needs are reviewed every year, with full reassessments occurring every 3-5 years. If your needs change, then you are able to request a request a reassessment by completing our referral form.
Once we’ve assessed what help you need, we will work with you to develop a Support Plan which identifies what you need to support you to live independently. We will help to coordinate, select and organise the services required to meet those needs. Options may include both funded disability support services, and other natural supports available to you in your community.
Depending on your prioritised disability needs, we may be able to connect you with:
- Home support services – which can help with personal care (e.g. showering, dressing) and household management (e.g. cleaning, laundry, meal preparation).
- Respite - which allows regular carers to take a break from their caring role.
- Supported living services – tailored support to help develop independence while living in the community.
- Residential support services – 24 hour care while living in the community.
- Behaviour Support – specialists who support carers to help understand the reasons for the behaviour, and develop support strategies to support change.
These services can be supplied using a contracted provider, or you may be able to use people you know. Every situation is different, so your Service Facilitator will help you to identify the support that best meets your identified needs.