To make an Official Information Act request send an email to:

If you are seeking information from Te Whatu Ora | Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District, you may be able to ask for it under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA).

District Health Boards were disestablished as legal entities on 1 July 2022 and Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand was established as a legal entity under the Pae Ora (Healthy Futures) Act 2022. Capital & Coast and Hutt Valley District Health Boards are now one district known as Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District. Both locations share information, staff, many services and a single Interim District Director. You will receive a response reflective of your request for either data sets from both locations or specifically one location.


How to make an Official Information Act Request

If you cannot find what you require and wish to make a request for information held by Te Whatu Ora | Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District please send an email to 

We will make and communicate a decision on your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than 20 working days after it was received (unless an extension is agreed).

We may extend the maximum time limit for transferring a request or making a decision and communicating it to you, if your request is for a large quantity of information or consultation is needed to make a decision on your request. Any extension must be for a reasonable period of time in the circumstances.

If you decide to amend or clarify your request, the amended or clarified version will be considered to be a new request and the 20 working days will start from the day after this new request is received.

In order to assist us, and ensure you receive the correct information, please be as specific as you can in identifying the information you want. The information you request must be specified with 'due particularity' - meaning that we must be able to identify the information you have asked for. Any request that lacks due particularity will not be valid. If this is the case, we may contact you to clarify your request.

If you do not receive a response to your request for official information within the statutory time limit, or you are unhappy with the response you receive, you can complain to the Ombudsman(). The Ombudsman’s role is to “investigate and review” the agency’s decision (or lack of decision) on your request. 

More information about the Official Information Act and OIA requests

For more information please see:

Charging guidelines for official information requests

Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District can apply charges for OIA requests under section 15 of the Official Information Act.



Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District reserves the right to determine whether and when to publish a response. 

Your privacy will be protected.  Any personal /identifying information will be redacted. You can also object to the publishing of OIA responses or request a delay. You will need to provide good reason why a particular OIA response should not be published online, or be delayed.

Note – requests for information about you or your family member will be managed as a Privacy Act request, please contact 



Last updated 2 November 2022.