Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley hospitals are committed to leading safe, effective and compassionate midwifery care.
We're committed to providing a service that engages with our community and works to reduce health inequalities for women and babies in our region.
If you share our passion for midwifery and are committed to providing excellent care, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer:
- roles in a variety of settings across the spectrum of midwifery care
- professional development opportunities
- flexible working conditions
- high quality education and training
- work-life balance
- on-site gym and personal trainer
- on site post-graduate education facilities
If you are a Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) and wish to apply for an access agreement with us, please email the Women’s Health Service (WHS) Administrator.
- We are a tertiary hospital based in Wellington city. Wellington hospital is our region’s main emergency and only trauma service, with a rooftop helipad providing a link to surgical, intensive care, obstetric, neonatal intensive care and emergency services.
- Hutt Valley hospital is based in Lower Hutt
- There are also primary birthing units at Kenepuru Hospital and Paraparaumu Health Centre.
Midwifery Jobs at Capital and Coast
We are looking for Midwives with a wide range of skills and Midwives who are looking to return to practise to join our Capital and Coast Midwifery Team.
Midwifery Jobs at Hutt Valley
We are looking for Midwives with a wide range of skills and Midwives who are looking to return to practise to join our Hutt Valley Midwifery Team.
We're passionate about providing opportunities for midwives to learn, and facilitate education requirements mandated by Te Whatu Ora and the NZ Midwifery Council… and more.
Quality and leadership programme
Quality and leadership programme (QLP) is a professional development pathway, aimed at assisting and supporting midwives to further develop their knowledge and skills.
Fund your learning
Information about professional development, funding and scholarships for education, CPD, QLP, APC and MSR.
Information for Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) Midwives in our district.