Capital and Coast District Health Board Home

Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) welcomes suggestions, compliments and complaints. Receiving feedback gives us an opportunity to improve our services and to pass on compliments to our hard working staff.

If you have a compliment or suggestion, please complete the feedback form below and we will forward it to the relevant department.

If you have a concern or complaint about your current care, we encourage you to first speak to the staff who are looking after you. Often such issues can be resolved straight away.

How to send us a suggestion or compliment or make a formal complaint

Fill in our online form or email us

You can use our online form to:

  • send us a suggestion
  • compliment us or our staff
  • make a formal complaint

Fill in the online form here or email us at

Our online form does not support images.  If you'd like to include these, please email us at

If you are unable to complete these details electronically or on the hard copy feedback form, please ring our feedback number 04 806 0724 and leave your name with a contact phone number. Our Consumer Experience Facilitator will contact you as soon as possible.

Complete our 'Tell us what you think' form

Pick up one of our forms titled Tell us what you think. These are available in all areas of the hospital or by asking a staff member.

Write to us

Consumer Experience Facilitator
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
Freepost 61458
Capital & Coast District Health Board
Private Bag 7902

Making a complaint

What can you complain about?

A complaint can be made about any service provided by CCDHB. We also accept complaints about any of our contracted providers.

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone can make a complaint about the care or service they have received.

Complaints can also be made by another person on your behalf, such as a relative, friend, parent or consumer advocate. We may need consent to respond to complaints about someone else.

We can also accept complaints from GPs and rest homes.

What do we do about a complaint?

All complaints are treated confidentially. Please be assured that making a complaint will not adversely affect the care you receive. Your complaint will only be discussed with the people directly involved.

Your complaint will be acknowledged within 5 working days. In most cases the complaint will be referred to the manager of the area to be resolved directly with you.

We aim to respond to all complaints within 20 working days. If we are unable to respond in that timeframe we will advise you and let you know the reason and an expected completion timeframe. If your complaint is complex or requires additional investigation we will keep you updated on a monthly basis until it is resolved.

We take all complaints seriously. Accepting and resolving complaints gives us the opportunity to improve the services we provide. Your complaint may prevent the same issue affecting someone else in the future.

Support through the process

Nationwide Advocacy Services

If you need support or help with making a complaint, you can contact the Nationwide Advocacy Services, a free independent service that offers advice and support related to the complaints process.

Phone: 0800 555 050


Unresolved complaints

If you believe your complaint is unresolved please contact us again so we can try and help further.

You also have the right to contact the Health and Disability Commissioner:

Health and Disability Commissioner

Postal address: PO Box 1971 Auckland

Phone: 0800 11 22 33


Last updated 5 August 2020.