Address and contact details
Address: 1 Rewa Terrace, Tawa, Wellington 5028
Phone: (04) 232 7193
Fax: (04) 232 5081
Fees and enrolments
Accepting new patients? http://www.compasshealth.org.nz/PracticesandFees/WellingtonPractices.aspx
Location: 1 Rewa Terrace, Tawa
The surgery is located at the end of a side road, which runs off the west side of main road in central Tawa. The road also provides access to commercial premises, and a dance school.
The corner site has three off street car-parks immediately adjacent to the surgery door for patients. None are designated for Mobility Parking Permit holders and users would have to back out onto a narrow street which at times would be busy with dance students and commercial vehicles.
Patients with a Mobility Parking Permit can park in the doctors' car parks provided the receptionist is informed.
Access from the car park to reception
- Access from the car-park is via the public footpath to a ramp leading to the surgery doors
- There is a door-sill of 5cm at the end of the ramp
- There is no handrail on this ramp but it needs to be noted that the length of the ramp and the incline is such that its absence would not pose a difficulty for a wheelchair user
- The front doors are not electronic
- Off-street car park
- Easy access for people with limited ambulatory ability
- Clear signage
- Wheelchair accessible reception counter
- Barrier-free corridors and doorways.