Address and contact details
Address: 33 Rintoul Street, Newtown, Wellington 6021
Phone: (04) 389 9955
Website: Newtown Medical Centre
Fees and enrolments
Accepting new patients? http://www.compasshealth.org.nz/PracticesandFees/WellingtonPractices.aspx
This medical centre is located in a converted residential dwelling on the left hand side of Rintoul Street about halfway up the hill from the Newtown shops. There is no off street parking and there are no designated car parks for Mobility Parking Permit holders in the immediate vicinity.
Access from the car park to reception
- There is 60 minute patient only parking immediately outside the Centre
- Access from the footpath to the front door is sealed and consists of a ramp without a handrail
- The rise of the ramp is small only the end neared the door has a barrier to prevent dropping off to the lower vehicular access way
- The door to the surgery has a concrete threshold ramp, but this has not been laid flush with the doorstep so there is still a 2 cm threshold
- The door is an old four-pane glass and wood frame door. It is fitted with an automatic door-closing arm which requires users to exert considerable force to ope
- Easy access for people with limited ambulatory ability
- Wheelchair access toilets
- Barrier-free corridors and doorways.