Address and contact details
Address: 17 Adelaide Road, Newtown, Wellington
Phone: (04) 384 4944
Website: After Hours Medical Centre
The Wellington Accident and Urgent Medical Centre are opposite McDonalds, Basin Reserve. You don't need an appointment, and they have x-ray facilities and a pharmacy on site, plus reduced fees after hours for people in high needs groups.
There is clear signage outside yet no specific signs for visually impaired inside.
Access from car park to reception
- There are no designated car parks for Mobility Permit holders in the immediate vicinity. Access to the footpath is via a curb cut on the corner of both Alfred and Girton Streets and on the south end of the parking bay.
- There are six off street car parks reserved for patients in Alfred Street immediately adjacent to the Centre and there is public parking in Adelaide Road (including a parallel parking bay immediately outside the Centre) and in the small side streets, Alfred and Girton, either side of the Centre.
- Access to the Clinic from the footpath is via two separate ramps with handrails. The front doors are electronic
- Easy access for people with limited ambulatory ability
- Ramp leading to front door
- Accessible ramp/step with handrail
- Electronic front door
- Wheelchair accessible Reception counter
- Audio – hearing loop/digital listener headphones
- Wheelchair access toilet with handrails
- Barrier-free corridors and doorways
- Height adjustable examination bed.