The National Travel Assistance Scheme provides financial help for people who are referred by their specialist to see another specialist, and need to travel long distances or travel frequently. The specialists must both be part of a government-funded health and disability service.

The Patient Travel Administrator at Wellington Regional Hospital can confirm whether you qualify for assistance and can send you a form or you can get one at the hospital. You can phone them on 04 806 0058.

  • The claim form will need to be sent to the National Travel Assistance team – their address is on the form.
  • Reimbursement can take up to 10 working days from when the National Travel Assistance team receive your form.
  • Remember to complete the form fully and to get your appointments signed off and stamped by the department you have attended.
Last updated 28 March 2017.