Capital and Coast District Health Board logo

The Wellington Hospital School of Nursing was founded in 1883, the first such school in New Zealand.

For more than a century the school was an integral part of Wellington Hospital, and resulted in an excellent standard of nursing education.

These pages summarise the phases in the development of the school up to its closure in 1991.

 

Last updated 11 January 2019.