There are several ways to get to your appointment at Wellington Hospital, including buses, taxis and free shuttles. Find out more about getting to Wellington Hospital
Car parking for Cancer patients
Parking is available at the hospital. The Cancer society also generously allows patients to park outside the Cancer Society (52 Riddiford Street, Newtown). All you need to do is present your appointment schedule at the reception and they will give you a chit to put on your windscreen.
You can use spaces availabe on the second level of the Countdown supermarket. These are marked in blue.
National Travel Assistance Scheme
You may also be eligible for the National Travel Assistance scheme.
Capital and Coast District Health Board works with the Ministry of Health to provide national travel assistance to patients.
- You are eligible to receive help with your travel costs if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You visit a specialist at least 22 times within 2 months
- You visit a specialist at least 6 times within 6 months and travel more than 50km one way
- You hold a Community Services card and travels more than 80km one way.
- You travel more than 350km one way.