Born Hereford, England 3 Aug 1879 Died Pinehaven, Upper Hutt 10 Aug 1956
Educated at Hereford County College, Oxford and Birmingham Universities
Initially worked in dental practice in Hereford, and in the dental department of the Birmingham General Hospital.
Lecturer in Dental Pathology and Histology, University of Birmingham
Founding Director, University of Otago Dental School 1907 - 1916
WW1 service with NZMC, establishing a unit for the treatment of facial and jaw injuries at No2 NZ General Hospital, Walton-on-Thames. The unit was transferred to Sidcup in 1918, and then to Dunedin in 1919.
Henry resumed the position of Dean, Otago University Dental School in 1919 and continued in that role until 1927.
Senior Plastic Surgeon, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney 1927 - 1934
Private plastic surgery practice in Wellington, operating at Lewisham Hospital, 1935 - 1937.
Established the Plastic Surgery Unit at Middlemore Hospital, Auckland 1937 - 1939.
With his wife Cecily, established the Bassam Hospital in Lower Hutt, for plastic surgery in children.
Senior Plastic Surgeon, Wellington Hospital 1940 - 1945
photograph courtesy S P Andrew collection, Alexander Turnbull Library
Obituary: NZMJ 1956 55:413