Capital and Coast District Health Board logo




Application for Scholarship and PDRP/QLP funds

If you are having trouble with this form, please email for an alternative funding form


Funding process and resources

All Hospital and Health Service (HHS) nurses and midwives can apply for up to $3,000 each year from the scholarship fund, pro rata, for professional development (PD) activities. Participation on the PDRP or QLP is necessary to access the funding.

All scholarship applications will be considered and prioritised within available funds and at the discretion of the Chief Nursing Officer.

In addition to the scholarship fund all HHS nurses and midwives who actively participate on the PDRP/QLP receive funding entitlements for professional development. These entitlement amounts recognise attitude, skill and knowledge at the various PDRP levels.

For more information about the funding process and what is covered refer to the professional development funding framework for nurses and midwives.

Additional information:

Professional Development Funding Forms (HHS only)

Expense claim form is for use after your funding application has been approved.

Application criteria

All nurses can apply for HWNZ postgraduate funds provided they meet the following criteria:
  • Are a Hospital and Health Service (HHS) nurse
  • Have maintained or progressed on the PDRP at the appropriate level
    • To meet this criteria you must have a:
      • Performance review less than 12 months old at time of application (CCDHB employees)
      • full portfolio submission and assessment less than 3 years old at time of application
  • Have an Annual Professional Development and Career Plan (PDCP)

NOTE: All funding is at the discretion of the Chief Nursing Officer


As of April 2019, we will no longer be providing conditional approval for professional development funding. If you do not have a current PDRP (within the last 3 years) and a performance review that has been assessed within the last 12 months, that are uploaded on the HR kiosk, your application will be declined.

We are no longer accepting actual petrol cost expense claims. If you would like to claim petrol expenses when using a personal vehicle for travel, you will be required to complete the mileage claim form below and send through to

Please refer to the professional development funding framework for nurses and midwives for more information or email

Last updated 20 April 2020.