Due to the unprecedented circumstances and work situations brought about by COVID-19, PDRP portfolio due dates from 01/04/2020 have been extended until 1/10/2020.
If you have a portfolio that is due for renewal to maintain your level on the PDRP you have been granted an extension and can submit by 1/10/2020 without cessation of allowances. Please email Anjana Naidu if you have any queries.
If portfolios are ready to be submitted, please submit these to the Nursing and Midwifery office on level 11, Grace Neil Block.
NetP and NESP applicants. At this stage there is no change to your submission date. Please submit your portfolio as per the usual process. If you have any difficulties with submitting your portfolio please email the NETP and NESP coordinators.
The Nursing Council New Zealand has suspended its usual continuing competence audit requirements until 31 December 2020. Therefore you are exempt from audit until this date.
- Portfolio assessing is at the discretion of your line mangers. It is not considered essential services and your skill set and knowledge may be better utilised clinically. The Nursing and Midwifery office can assist you with portfolio assessments if required.
- The usual assessment time frame of 4 to 6 weeks has been suspended for the foreseeable future.
If you have any queries, please email Anjana Naidu, Associate Director of Nursing Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 changes to PDRP:
The Professional Development Recognition Programme (PDRP) has been updated to align with the PDRP National Framework and evidential requirements (2017) and to reflect feedback and organisational requirements.
- Minor changes to the performance indicators of Competent, Proficient and Expert levels to align with the National Evidential Requirements (2017).
- Inclusion of evidence which breaches privacy of patients, family, whānau or colleagues in any way will require return of a portfolio and immediate removal of the privacy breach. This may delay the assessment process and effect PDRP allowances; please ensure your team is aware of this.
- Senior Expert pathway is now a requirement for Clinical Nurse Specialists and Speciality Clinical Nurses at CCDHB, except those that work in MHAIDS.
PDRP Assessor Updates (1 hour) and PDRP portfolio development workshops (2 hours), held in Kenepuru and Wellington, are available for booking via Connect Me (CCDHB employees) or by contacting email@example.com (external).
For clarification or queries, please contact
Saleifi (Luey) Reriti
DDI (04) 806 0594 Cell 027 4064989