This application process is for the entire 2021 academic year i.e. Summer School, Semester 1 and Semester 2.
1. View the videos for Professional Development Career Conversations and the Tertiary Education Provider video of where you want to study
2. Complete your Professional Development and Career Plan (PDCP) in discussion with the appropriate person (Manager, Nurse Educator, DON) and identify career goals and how you will attain them i.e. appropriate paper/ programme choices in relation to your role and career plan. The Manager/NE and applicant agree and sign PDCP.
3. Check your eligibility with:
- HW criteria
- Your Tertiary Education Provider
4. Apply - HW application form: It is important that all sections are completed. If you are having difficulties completing the application form, please contact the Nursing and Midwifery Office (NAMO) Data and Funding Support for assistance.
5. Ensure the NAMO has received a copy of your PDCP and academic transcript. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Your application should reach the NAMO before the deadline. You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
7. HHS only - Your service DON and line manager will prioritise applications for their area considering roster implications, skill mix on ward, how this paper will improve patient outcomes, how it fits with your areas PD plan, PDRP level of the applicant. Nursing and Midwifery Leadership complete the prioritisation process within the funding allocation.
Associate Director of Nursing, Workforce Development
Nursing and Midwifery Office
DDI: 04 806 0679