The application process is ONCE each calendar year and includes papers for the whole academic year i.e. Summer School, Semester 1 and Semester 2.
1. Complete your Professional Development and Career Plan (PDCP) in discussion with the appropriate person (Manager, Nurse Educator, DON) and identify career goals and how you will attain them i.e. appropriate paper/ programme choices in relation to your scope of practice, role and career plan. The Manager/NE and applicant agree and sign PDCP.
2. Check your eligibility:
- The HW criteria
- Your Tertiary Education Provider
3. HW application form: It is important that all sections are completed. If you are having difficulties completing the application form, please contact the Nursing and Midwifery Office Data and Funding Support for assistance.
4. Ensure the Nursing and Midwifery Office has received a copy of your PDCP and academic transcript. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your application should reach the DONM Office before the deadline. You and your manager will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
6. Manager and NE consider service provision in relation to all applications in their area. Consider roster implications, skill mix on ward, how this paper will improve patient outcomes, how it fits with your areas PD plan, PDRP level of the nurse – have they attained the appropriate level or be supported to attain it. Where there are too many studying, has the area prioritised. Score the individual applications accordingly. You may wish to discuss with your Operations Manager and/or DON/DOM.
Following the cut-off, all applications will be reviewed to ensure they are appropriately completed and final prioritisation undertaken by the Nursing and Midwifery HW Advisory Committee to ensure a fair and equitable selection of eligible nurses.
Nurse Consultant, Strategic Workforce
Director of Nursing and Midwifery Office
DDI: 04 806 2390