Process for approval of an external research project
- Contact the department involved before the submission to the the Health and Disability Ethics Committee (HDEC) .
- Contact Capital & Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) Research Office when you have submitted to HDEC/EC but before the approval is granted.
- Provide to Research Office at CCDHB :
- Study protocol.
- Patient information sheet and consent form.
- Any other study relevant info ( Māori consulation, contract, approval letters etc).
- Discussed internally.
- Researcher is contacted by email from the Research Office:
- If approved, can proceed with project.
- If declined, can't proceed until approval is granted.
- Results of the study are provided to the Research Office, CCDHB.
Download this flowchart as a PDF.
Hospital sign off form
Child Health Governance Group Research Locality Assessment Form
2014/15 CCDHB research report
This report provides an overview of the research undertaken by staff at CCDHB in 2014 and 2015. It serves as a record of the research activities in the DHB and a guide to the research interests of our staff.
You'll find this report on our Publications and consultation documents page, under Publications and reports.