Ngā Manukura o Āpōpō is Tomorrow's Clinical Leaders, which is designed to offer Māori Nurses and Midwives the opportunity to participate in a Māori clinical leadership programme.
Thirteen cohorts have completed the Clinical Leadership Training, with another two cohorts planned for delivery in 2017.
Enrollments are open for Nga Manukura o Apopo: Clinical Leadership Training Programme for Maori Nurses and Midwives.
The programme aims to:
- Increase participants' understanding of a broad number of 'cutting edge' clinical leadership issues;
- Provide a safe - but challenging - environment for participants to explore issues related to leadership in Māori nursing and midwifery; and,
- Build and strengthen participants' networks across the country by fostering support and strategy sharing.
The 8-day Clinical Leadership Training Programme consists of four 2-day wānanga spread over a 4-month period.
The Programme sessions are designed to stimulate learning, discussion, debate and action.
Key themes to be explored in the Programme include:
Leadership and management including Māori models of leadership cultural competency;
- Clinical governance and quality improvement (models, tools, tactics, using data);
- Change management including leading a change management project to completion;
- Resource management and prioritisation including budget management; and,
- People management including managing conflict, building teams, coaching and understanding policy, legislation and regulation.
PROGRAMME DATES FOR 2017
Cohort 15 will be held in Waikato at Tūrangawaewae Marae, Ngāruawahia.
- Wānanga 1 = 3 and 4 August 2017
- Wānanga 2 = 14 and 15 September 2017
- Wānanga 3 = 12 and 13 October 2017
- Wānanga 4 = 9 and 10 November 2017 (Please note in Cohort 15 the date for Wānanga 4 has been changed)
Any queries please contact Tania directly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out the enrollment at this link: http://www.digitalindigenous.com/enrolment---ng257-manukura-o-256p333p333.html
For more information, check out: