The New Zealand College of Midwives
The New Zealand College of Midwives is the professional organisation for midwives. It offers education and advice to women regarding midwifery and maternity issues. Its website is www.midwife.org.nz. The Wellington region New Zealand College of Midwives has its own website at http://www.wellingtonmidwives.com/.
For a list of midwives in Wellington visit https://www.findyourmidwife.co.nz/midwives/wellington. This site is provided by the New Zealand College of Midwives and:
- has a due date calculator
- searches for midwives by due date, locality, preferred place of birth (hospital, birthing centre or home)
- shows only midwives who hold a current Annual Practising Certificate, are members of the New Zealand College of midwives and are currently practising
- provides up-to-date information - each midwife’s month-by-month availability is regularly updated
- provides written profiles of each midwife and contact details
- has a print list option for women who don’t have a computer
- includes information on New Zealand’s midwifery-led maternity care system.
Please note that this is not a definitive list of all the midwives that work in Wellington but is an indication of some of the midwifery groups that practice in the region.
Ministry of Health
Visit Mum 2 Be
You may find the Ministry of Health's booklet Your pregnancy helpful.
LMCs and GP practices can obtain copies of this booklet through their local public health provider or fromwww.healthed.govt.nz
Nga Maia is a national organisation supporting Maori in pregnancy and childbirth. Find out more at www.ngamaia.co.nz.
Home Birth Aotearoa
Home Birth Aotearoa is a national organisation representing the home birth associations across the country.
The website lists the contact details for a number of midwives who offer home births in Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti. Visit http://homebirth.org.nz/your-midwife/
Contact details for Independent midwives can also be found in the Yellow Pages.