Our childbirth and parenting classes are free and open to pregnant women over 24 weeks. While classes are free, you need to send us your details to book a place.
These classes are run by our midwives. They provide information on:
- Being pregnant and taking care of yourself
- how the maternity system works
- warning signs
- Signs and stages of labour. Birth options and a birth DVD (optional)
- Unexpected outcomes and interventions, medical pain relief options
- After the baby is born, including information about screening tests
- Care of a baby including bathing, beds and nappies, and community support
You are welcome to bring your partner or support person.
Speak to your Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) midwife or doctor about booking into classes.
Please be aware that priority is given to those being cared for by the Community Midwife Team (CMT) and for people who are unable to attend other classes.
Classes are open to pregnant women over 24 weeks.
Breastfeeding education is not included in these classes. Book a seperate breastfeeding class