Antenatal classes provide information on pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal care. Speak to your LMC midwife or consultant about booking into classes.
Capital and Coast DHB antenatal classes at Kenepuru Hospital. This one day antenatal education class is on a Saturday from 9am till 4pm at Kenepuru Hospital in the Education Room.
The CCDHB antenatal classes are free and open to pregnant women over 24 weeks. Please be aware that priority is given to those being cared for by the Community Midwife Team (CMT) and for people who are unable to attend other classes.
- 2019 3rd August antenatal class (+Breastfeeding class 8th August)
- 2019 7th September antenatal class (+Breastfeeding class 12th September)
- 2019 5th October antenatal class (+Breastfeeding class 10th October)
- 2019 2nd November antenatal class (+Breastfeeding class 7th November)
- 2019 7th December antenatal class (+Breastfeeding class 12th December)
There is no cost but you need to send us your details to book a place.
The CCDHB antenatal education classes are run by midwives. They provide information on:
- Being pregnant and taking care of yourself, how the maternity system works and warning signs
- Signs and stages of labour. Birth options and a birth DVD (optional)
- Unexpected outcomes and interventions, medical pain relief options
- After the baby is born, and screening tests
- Care of a baby including bathing, beds and nappies, and community support
You are welcome to bring your partner or support person to all classes. We suggest coming early to allow time to find parking and the classroom.
How to book antenatal classes
Preferably fill in the contact page form on www.findamidwife.org.nz or if needed ring 0800 346 369
There is a breastfeeding class on the Thursday at Kenepuru following the Saturday antenatal class run by hospital Lactation Consultants, please email email@example.com or phone 04 8060873 to book into this or any other breastfeeding class.
Please note that breastfeeding is not included in the Saturday class. Free breastfeeding classes are run by CCDHB lactation consultants at Kenepuru, the Thursday evening following the antenatal class as a one off 3 hour class from 6-9pm. There are also classes at Wellington Hospital. They are run by a separate educator than the Midwives who run the antenatal class.