Download information about the childbirth and baby care classes at Kenepuru Hospital
Childbirth and parenting classes provide information on:
pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal care for pregnant women over 24 weeks.
Speak to your LMC midwife or consultant about booking into classes.
Childbirth and parenting classes at Kenepuru Hospital.
This one day antenatal education class is on a Saturday from 9am till 4pm at Kenepuru Hospital in the Education Room.
The CCDHB classes are free and open to pregnant women over 24 weeks.
Please be aware that priority is given to those being cared for by the Community Midwife Team (CMT) and for people who are unable to attend other classes.
There is no cost but you need to send us your details to book a place.
The CCDHB classes are run by midwives. They provide information on:
- Being pregnant and taking care of yourself, how the maternity system works and warning signs
- Signs and stages of labour. Birth options and a birth DVD (optional)
- Unexpected outcomes and interventions, medical pain relief options
- After the baby is born, and screening tests
- Care of a baby including bathing, beds and nappies, and community support
You are welcome to bring your partner or support person to all classes.
We suggest coming early to allow time to find parking and the classroom.
How to book Kenepuru Hospital classes
To book into the childbirth and parenting class fill in the contact page form on www.findamidwife.org.nz or if needed ring 0800 346 369
Please note that breastfeeding is not included in the Saturday antenatal (childbirth) class. They are run by a separate educator than the Midwives who run the antenatal class.
There is a breastfeeding class on the Thursday 3 hour class from 6-9pm at Kenepuru following the Saturday childbirth and parenting class. To book into a breastfeeding class please email email@example.com or phone 04 8060873.
One day Kenepuru Hospital childbirth and parenting class dates
- 2019 Saturday 7th December (+Breastfeeding class 12th December)
- 2020 Saturday January 18th (+Breastfeeding class 30th January)
- 2020 Saturday February 1st (+Breastfeeding class 6th February)
- 2020 Saturday March 7th (+Breastfeeding class 12th March )
- 2020 Saturday April 4th (+Breastfeeding class 9th April)
- 2020 Saturday May 2nd (+Breastfeeding class 7th May)
- 2020 Saturday June 6th (+Breastfeeding class 11th June)
- 2020 Saturday July 4th (+Breastfeeding class 9th July)
- 2020 Saturday August 1st (+Breastfeeding class 6th August)
- 2020 Saturday September 5th (+Breastfeeding class 10th September)
- 2020 Saturday October 3rd (+Breastfeeding class 8th October)
- 2020 Saturday November 7th (+Breastfeeding class 12th November)
- 2020 Saturday December 5th (+Breastfeeding class 10th December)