The Sub Regional Pacific Strategic Health Group was established in 2011 to assist the 3 DHBs in our region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa) by providing high level strategic advice to the Boards regarding Pacific Health issues and solutions. The group meets every second month. Its aims are to:
- inform the DHB of the issues and barriers that are impacting on Pacific Health such as access and utilisation of health services
- strengthen the relationship and rebuilding trust between the DHBs and Pacific communities
- provide an in-house monitoring role for the health outcomes for Pacific people in both areas
- follow up decisions made by the Board of Governance regarding Pacific
- provide appropriate Pacific cultural advice.