GP Access - Wellington City - South - Island Bay Medical Centre
Location: 159 The Parade, Island Bay , Wellington
The surgery is located on the left just past the main Island Bay Shops on the way out to the beach. There is off-street parking provided by the surgery at the rear of the building. The car park is unsealed and the car-park designated for Mobility Parking Permit holders is the first park on the left nearest the sealed driveway. There is also a city council provided car-park on the street which is designated for Mobility Parking Permit holders.
Access from the car-park to reception
- If using the street car-park there is now pedestrian curb cut in the immediate area. Alternatively the driveway cut could be used to access the footpath.
- If using the rear car-park users need to be aware it is unsealed. The designated park has been located as close as possible to the sealed driveway. Once on this the access to the front entrance of the surgery is flat and sealed.
- From the footpath/driveway the surgery is accessed via a ramp that is fitted with a handrail.
- Access from the top of this ramp into the surgery has a 2cm threshold up-stand to negotiate.
- The door is not electronic but can be opened by wheelchair users.
- Off-street car park
- Mobility park close to rooms
- One hydraulic bed
- Easy access for people with limited ambulatory ability
- Easy wheelchair access
- Clear signage
- Barrier-free corridors and doorways.