Main Navigation Links
An Early Need for Expansion
It was soon realised that accommodation for additional nurses was required, as was a dedicated ward for paediatric patients. So, within a few years of the original opening, the first of many additions were built .
This was a 2-storey block at the west end of the main corridor - upstairs housed 21 nurses, and downstairs was a ward for 22 children. The block was opened in 1888.
Photographic Department, Wellington Hospital / Wellington School of Medicine