GP Access - Wellington City - South - Brooklyn Central Health
Location: 183 Ohiro Rd., Brooklyn
This surgery is located on the left when coming from the city, a few properties before the lights at Brooklyn shops. The surgery provides off street parking at the rear of the building.
Access from the car-park to Reception
- One of a number of carparks is designated for Mobility Parking Permit Holders and people with prams
- It is located at a higher level to the rest of the car park and as close as possible to the ramp that leads into the rear entrance of the surgery
- The ramp, fitted with a rail is long but has level rest areas and is a reasonable gradient
- Access into the surgery from the top of the ramp is flat
- Access to reception from this entrance is down a clear wide corridor
- The door is an old wooden door of surprisingly light construction, with a lever action handle
- There is level access directly into the surgery from the street entrance for people being dropped off at the front door.
- Off-street car park
- Mobility park close to rooms
- Easy access for people with limited ambulatory ability
- Easy wheelchair access
- Clear signage
- Wheelchair accessible reception counter
- Wheelchair access toilets
- Barrier-free corridors and doorways
- Height adjustable exam bed.